Jubilee Farm Pork Meatballs Balmoral Show
Jubilee Farm, Balmoral Show Saturday 13th May at 11am.
Pork Meatballs Recipe (using our outdoor reared, organic-fed, free range pork)
¼ (60ml) cup milk
½ (65g) cup panko breadcrumbs
11/2lb Jubilee Farm pork mince
1 egg (beaten)
3 cloves of garlic (crushed
3 tbsp grated carrot
2 tbsp finely sliced scallions
2 tbsp soy sauce
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
(1 tbsp oil)
- Preheat the oven to 210 Fan or 230 non-fan ovens.
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the milk and breadcrumbs. Allow to soak for 5 minutes (this is called panade).
- Add the pork, egg, garlic, scallions, carrot, soy, ginger, salt & pepper.
- Hand in to combine it all together (don’t overwork it).
- Shape into meatballs (12 golf ball sizes or make smaller ones as appetizers). Using a soup spoon in one had is a handy method & helps with sizing.
- Brown in the pan on both sides for a total of 4 minutes.
- Place meatballs onto the baking tray and place in the oven for 15minutes, checking they are cooked through.
- Food Standards Agency pork needs to reach an internal temp of 75 C for 2minutes.