Marketing and Communications Manager
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Hourly rate: £14 per hour
Hours of work: 21 per week
Days of work: 3 days per week including a Friday; other days to be discussed at interview; role will also include occasional weekend work
Annual leave: 30 days per year pro rata
Start date: June 2022
Contract length: 3 years
Application deadline: 1 May 2022
Organisation description: Formally established in 2017, Jubilee Community Benefit Society is a Christian and cooperative creation care organisation working for the benefit of both a geographical community of all backgrounds and beliefs, the town of Larne and the surrounding area of East and South Antrim, and a community of interest, the churches of Ireland. We define creation care as environmental and agricultural stewardship that incorporates flourishing and fairness, welfare and wellbeing. In seeking to implement this holistic vision, our mission is to practice and promote care farming, community-supported agriculture (CSA), and conservation education and engagement. Visit www.jubilee.coop for more information.
Project description: In operating Jubilee Farm, the first community-owned farm in Northern Ireland, we produce a range of high-quality, agroecological food that is healthy, humane, fair and sustainable, while also providing a series of care farming, and conservation education and engagement services, that inspire, inform and benefit those who take part in them. Alongside a 1 acre market garden producing c. 25 vegboxes per week over a 30 week season, Jubilee Farm is also home to small breeding herds of pigs and goats, finishing approximately 30-40 pigs and 8–12 goats per year.
Working alongside a diverse group of staff, interns, volunteers, care farming clients and other stakeholders, the marketing and communications manager will lead and manage the development and delivery of Jubilee’s Communications, PR & Marketing activities in line with the organisational strategy and to increase organisational income.
The marketing and communications manager role will involve:
- Developing, implementing and managing a marketing and communications strategy.
- Updating the website with company information including events, awards, press releases, etc.
- Marketing Jubilee’s range of food products, and education and wellbeing services, to a range of new and existing individual and organisational customers, in order to increase organisational income.
- Developing effective relationships with agencies, suppliers and external stakeholders as required
- Managing Jubilee’s communications with a wide range of stakeholders, including emails, email newsletters, social media channels, press enquiries, press releases, PR, etc.
- Representing and speaking about Jubilee at events and to groups and organisations, including schools, churches, community groups, etc.
- Contributing to Jubilee fundraising activities, including grant research and writing, and soliciting donations, in order to increase organisational income.
- Participating in all aspects of community farm planning, including participating in any relevant committees.
- Contributing to the overall organisational effectiveness and to perform any other duties as deemed appropriate by the farm manager and the Board of Directors.
- A Bachelors degree.
- Two years experience of marketing and communications in an organisational setting.
- A motivated, flexible and innovative approach to work, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organisational skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
- Willingness to work within Jubilee’s Christian ethos.
- Willingness to do some weekend event and speaking engagements.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in marketing or communications.
- Experience of public speaking.
- Experience of fundraising activities.
- Experience of the VCSE sector.
Please send a 2 page CV as well as a covering email detailing how you meet the requirements of the role and why you are interested in it to email@example.com by 11pm on 1st May 2022.
For more information contact Jubilee via 07858098479 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer