Community Farm Assistants x2
Reporting to: Farm Manager
Hourly rate: £9.41 23 and over; £8.86 21-22; £7.06 18-20
Hours of work: 25 per week with days of work to be discussed at interview
Annual leave: 15 days
Start and end date: March 2022 – September 2022 (6 months)
Application deadline: Rolling but 17th March at the latest
Project description: In operating Jubilee Farm, the first community-owned farm in Northern Ireland, we produce a range of high-quality, agroecological food that is healthy, humane, fair and sustainable, while also providing a series of care farming, and conservation education and engagement services, that inspire, inform and benefit those who take part in them.
The 2x community farm assistants will be responsible for assisting with a wide range of community farm activities.
The Community Farm Assistants will assist the Farm Manager and others with:
• Livestock production, including feeding, watering, mucking out, etc.
• Horticultural production, including planting, watering, harvesting, etc.
• Site maintenance, including grounds maintenance, repairs, fencing, etc.
• Care/social farming service delivery.
• Contributing to the overall organisational effectiveness and to perform any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Farm Manager
- Experience of working outdoors and/or in a physically-demanding role.
- Willingness to work within Jubilee’s Christian ethos.
- A motivated, flexible and innovative approach to work, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Eligible for and registered with JobStart scheme via local Jobs and Benefit office
- Available to start week commencing 28th March at the latest
- Qualification in horticulture, agriculture or equivalent
- Experience of agricultural or horticultural work
- Experience of working with volunteers or adults with learning difficulties.
Email a 2 page CV, including email addresses and phones number for 2 referees, to email@example.com by 17th March at the latest.
At the same time, please contact your local Jobs and Benefits Office to ensure you are eligible and registered to apply for this role. We cannot accept applications that have not been approved by your local Jobs and Benefits Office.
To discuss the role or arrange a site visit please contact Jonny or Tim on 07858098479.
This position is funded through the Department of Communities JobStart Scheme. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The successful candidates will need to undergo an Access NI check due to our work with vulnerable adults.